Saturday 14 July 2012

Maybelline New York: Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream Review

Heeeeeeey blogfriends

How are we all this wonderful Saturday afternoon? I was just hanging out at home doing my make-up when I remembered I still haven't written a review on the Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream yet. So whilst I'm doing very little I thought it would be perfect timing.

I feel I can give a fairly good and honest review of this product as I have used it for around a month now, not everyday but almost everyday that I have worn make-up... did that make any sense? Anyway lets get on with it!



First off the bottle isn't great in size. It's a small amount of product for £7.99 however you need very little. 

Application

I found the simplest and best way to apply this is with my fingers. I start by warming it up in my fingers (rubbing it between my fingers until the melting process begins) then smoothing it over my face. I start in the centre working my way out. When I have a smooth, even application over my face I begin to build up coverage in the areas needed. I then apply concealer and I'm done. The down side is you have to use very little concealer as it doesn't blend in well with my Collection 2000: Lasting Perfection Concealer. I think this is because of the think consistency of the concealer however you do need a heavy duty concealer with this as the coverage is next to none.



8-in-1? We'll decide!

The back of the bottle states the 8 things it claims to do... here's what I think!
  1. "Creates a natural glow" -  Agree; the finish of this products is beautiful. It looks like your skin when your healthy and happy. It's not dewy, it contains no shimmer, however is is a very natural glow. I honestly don't know how to describe it, but it is gorgeous and makes you look incredibly healthy!
  2. "Compliments skin-tone" - Agree; when I saw this on my hand I thought it was going to be waay too dark (a problem I have with so many of the maybelline skin products) however the shade light blended in so well. It looks great, no lines. It truly does morph into your skin-tone.
  3. "SPF30 UV Protection" - Agree; I don't think you can disagree with this. I love that it contains SPF as that's something I don't generally apply to my face. Where I live I don't really feel it's necessary! 
  4. "Hydrates all day" - Agree & Disagree; for an combination, normal, or oily skin type I agree. I have fairly normal skin and I agree but when my skin is leaning towards the drier side my skin begins to feel tight about 4 to 5 hours after application. So if you have dry skin I do think you should moisturise well before applying
  5. "Blurs imperfections" - Disagree; I have rosy red cheeks and it does manage to even those out. However, for my dark circles and active breakouts it simply does not work. I HAVE to use a concealer! So if you need a decent amount of coverage, don't go for this.
  6. "Oil free, non-greasy" - Agree; It does not feel oily or greasy at all. And it does not look shiny one bit 
  7. "Looks Visibly smooth!" - Agree; it does look incredibly smooth. I love it!
  8. "Feels Fresh" - Agree; this is my favourite thing about the BB Cream. It feels amazing on my skin. I don't even know I have it on... now who doesn't want this during the "summer" (not really here, but hey ho) months

Overall

Pros: blends well onto skin; natural glow is lush; feels great
Cons: doesn't "blur imperfections"; doesn't blend with think concealer; tiny bottle
Repurchase: definitely for those "no make-up, make-up days"

on my skin today (excuse the hair)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @DaniAxo
Instagram: @DaniAxo
Please follow my blog --> :D

No comments:

Post a Comment