Wednesday 13 April 2011

How to: Make colourful cakes :)

Hey guys. Today I decided to make colourful cakes :). Here is how I did it!

You need:

Most of the ingredients needed
For cakes:
100g (4oz) Self-raising flour
100g (4oz) Caster sugar
100g (4oz) Soft butter
2 Medium eggs
Food colouring

Icing:
Fondant icing sugar
Water
Peppermint flavouring (optional)
Sprinkles



I started by mixing the sugar, self-raising flour, butter and eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer. I had to add a little milk because the mixture was stickier than I wanted. I separated the mixture into 3 bowls. This is because I was using 3 colours. Yellow, red and I made orange. 






I then added the colourings. I added yellow, red and mixed some orange. Mix with a metal spoon. Try not get it on your hands, it stains.










I put 12 paper cases into a tray and added the mixture. I baked for 20 mins. I made 3 yellow, 3 orange, 3 red and 3 a mix. I added a spoon of each and swirled with a cocktail stick.












To mix the icing, put some sugar in a bowl and drop by drop add water until you get the consistency wanted. At this point you can add colouring or flavouring. I added peppermint flavouring. When the cakes are cool add ice the top of them.

Add sprinkles if you wish :) and EAT!!!!


Thanks, Dani xo

No comments:

Post a Comment